Monday, May 14, 2012

My doorbell rang tonight...


The doorbell rang tonight…

The TV was on, probably too loud, but I swore that I heard the doorbell ring...a doorbell didn't fit into the show on TV. It was after 9pm, who could itmy heart briefly stopped. I got up and walked to the door. I turned on the front porch light and looked through the peep-hole.

It was my neighbor’s son, it was no big deal, really. I haven’t heard from My Love in a few days and...

Who knew such a familiar sound could cause a mini-panic attack? A military spouse. A military spouse whose love is deployed. 

I don’t dwell on negative thoughts or anything. It’s rare for me to think like that, but the timing…oh, man.  Like I said...mini heart-attack, and a huge sigh of relief after.

This is real...this is lonely...and scary...and too real.


No comments:

Post a Comment