Thursday, May 13, 2010

Day 1...

This morning, I got a text message from a friend asking if I wanted to go walking on this trail system on base that is sandy and hilly (The All American Trail, for locals). I hadn't showered yet, so what the hell, right? I decided to go. I threw some clothes on (I was in jammies), dressed Victoria, shoveled down a 1/2 cup of applesauce and grabbed a slice of whole grain bread and left. We walked 4 miles in very hot (84 w/no wind, LOTS of sunshine) weather each pushing strollers and with Bailey. It felt awesome sweating and chatting and getting a great workout. I drank 24oz of water on the trail and on the drive home, then re-filled my bottle at home and already finished it off again...great, only 4 more bottles to go today (my eyeballs might float).

When we got home, Bailey drank a ton and laid on the floor panting (wish I could do that sometimes) and I made lunch. We age a low glycemic lunch today (I think) of pasta soup with chicken broth, veggie burgers, and fruit. We also had a small piece each of strawberry-rhubarb cobbler that I made last night.

So, so far, day 1 is going great! We are planning to take Victoria to her first movie ever in a theater, How to Train a Dragon to Fly, and I will abstain from gorging myself on popcorn and sodas. I am not going to NOT eat any, I will just not eat as much as I normally would.

Tonight for dinner, pork chops, veggies, baked beans, and wild rice. I will probably drink some almond milk (I LOVE this stuff!) with it and maybe we'll nibble another small piece of cobbler. :) Yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment