Wednesday, June 1, 2011

I love flies...

So, this is going to be a random and ecclectic post of the last few days...

Kidism: Sitting at dinner the other night, My Love tries killing a fly with his hand and finally goes to get a fly swatter. Victoria says: "Why are you trying to kill it?"
My Love: "I hate flies"
V: "Daddy, I love flies. I love to chase them. And smack them. And kill them. I love them."
My Love and I almost couldn't keep from laughing. Kids are so frickin cute!

Dinner tonight was frickin awesome!! I made Tilapia with a parmesan basil sauce on it and yummmmmm....it was so good! Actually, I've quite enjoyed cooking the past week or two...I have made many different things...deer steaks, goose breasts, navy beans with ham, 15 bean cajun soup with smoked sausage, chicken and pineapple, steaks and potatoes, bourbon shrimp, and more! Yum.

Here is a picture of My Love and V pre-four-wheeling on Saturday! It was so much fun!!


The castle is moving along nicely! We still have a few touch-ups and then some rosevines to put on, but it's getting there!! 


V and I went swimming today after running some errands. I put sunscreen on her, but neglected to put any on myself....being the natural strawberry-blonde that I am...I got burnt...FAST. Ouch.


So, not a whole heck of a lot else going on. 

Fertility wise: A good friend of mine had a beautiful baby girl and I can't wait to meet the new little one. Another friend announced her pregnancy, so congrats to them. Another friend had success with a procedure to get pregnant, but are not announcing it yet, another congrats! A fellow blogger announced that after 4 LONG months (yes, months....) of trying, they are pregnant....oh...the stress that must have caused....bitter sometimes, yes. Honestly, I am very happy for my friends that are able to announce their joy and happiness...just waiting for my turn still.  V did announce to me recently that she wanted a baby brother, not a sister...we were in the middle of Lowe's and we were not even talking about babies...it was out of nowhere. I really don't talk to her about it because it's hard to explain to a 3 year old why we can't choose when she can have a sibling, so she says a lot of stuff on her own.

1 comment: